Thursday, July 5, 2012

Watermelon Gin Fizz



I hope everyone had a happy fourth and an inappropriate amount of hamburgers, hot dogs, tofu burgers; whatever floats your boat on America’s Bday. I personally feel I did my country proud by eating way too much red meat. My second burger with bacon, swiss cheese, and caramelized onions really did me in. Luckily, I had the perfect drink to help bolster my appetite without weighing me down.

This watermelon gin fizz tasted delicious on such a hot, sticky, sweaty, muggy day. A sweet drink due to the watermelon that also tastes light thanks to the lime juice and ginger ale. It was so good, I feel like it could be my signature summer cocktail. 


Watermelon Gin Fizz
Serves 4 to 6
Adapted from food.com

4 cups diced watermelon
8 ounces gin
4 tablespoons lime juice
1 3/4 cups diet ginger ale (to decrease carbs I used diet and still loved the drink.)
lime wedges, for garnish

1. Puree the diced watermelon with a food processor or hand mixer until a liquid. There will be some pulp.  Pour into a large jar. Add gin, lime juice, and ginger ale. Stir well.

2. Pour into a glass over ice. Garnish with the lime wedges.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment